Recipe: Cleansing (& Delicious!) Salad: Version IIServes: Serves three.Ingredients:
- 3 beetroots, roasted peeled, chopped into quaters and then sliced
- 1/4 purple cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, sliced finely
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 knob of ginger, finely sliced into match sticks
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 avocado, mashed
- salt and pepper to taste
- dressing: rice wine vinegar and olive oil, to taste
- Roast the beetroots, peel, quarter and slice them. Leave to cool down and add to a bowl.
- Slice the purple cabbage, fennel, red onion and ginger and add to the beetroots.
- Grate the carrot and add it to the bowl.
- Mash the avocado and stir into the salt.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a sprinkle of rice wine vinegar and olive oil.
For more cabbage recipes have a look at theÂ recipe index.
Â© Copyright: 2011 Michelle Robson-Garth. Please ask permission firstÂ when using any text or images on healthfoodlover.com . See theÂ disclaimer here. Have a look at theÂ recipe index for moreÂ health food lovinâ€™ recipes. Join theÂ Facebook page & followÂ Health Food Lover on twitter.