Here is a quick and easy ice cream recipe (see the raspberry version here) which uses fruit as a base instead of cream, sugar and eggs. I hope you like it!
Recipe: Berry and Banana Soft Serve
Recipe info/allergen info: This is gluten-free and can be made dairy-free if using dairy-free milk.
Serves: Makes one serve.
- 1/4-1/2 C. milk (any kind you like: full fat dairy, coconut milk etc)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- a handful or so of frozen mixed berries
- a few slices of fresh banana
- Blend milk and chia seeds.
- Add the berries and banana slices and blend until it becomes a soft serve texture/consistency. If you find it isn’t the texture you desire you can add more berries or banana; alternatively you can place the it in the freezer for about 10 minutes to harden a bit.