Like fermentation, sprouting can greatly increase the nutritional profile of certain grains [source]. I sprouted some wheat and decided to make crepes. I love these crepes because they are made from whole intact sprouted grains, they’re really easy to make andÂ taste great. So I’m sharing the recipe with you!
Sprouted Wheat CrepesServes: 2
- ~ a handful of sprouted wheat
- milk, enough to make a thin batter
- 2 whole eggs
- butter, to cook with
- honey to serve
- In a blender, grind wheat sprouts till fine. Add milk and mix until a batter forms.
- Add eggs and blend again. Mix until you have a consistency similar to that of condensed milk.
- Heat butter in a pan, pour a small amount of the batter into the pan, swirl the pan so the mixture spread and forms a thin pancake (crepe) and cook until browned on each side.
- Enjoy how you like.
In these crepes I used preserves from Bonne Maman. I tried a different flavour of jam in each crepe. The jams although a little bit sweet for my liking were pleasantly fruity. I tried the Cherry, Orange and Apricot varieties.