For all those kale lovers, here is another kale salad for you! This time I have added daisy mandarins to this salad, as these mandarins like other fruit, taste really good in salads!
About the produce I used:
- The olives were bought from the Hurstbridge farmers market from Panton Hill Estate.
- The kale and daisy mandarins are from a local organic produce shop as well as the goats feta from Meredith Dairy.
- The walnuts and fresh blood orange juice are from Hurstbridge Farmers Market. I cracked the walnuts using a walnut-cracker and the juice I got freshly juiced at the market.
Kale Salad with Feta, Walnuts, Mandarin and Olives & Blood Orange Dressing
- 1/2 kale, sliced thinly
- 6-7 walnuts, freshly cracked
- a few kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 or 2 daisy mandarins,Â each pieces sliced into 3 (pips removed) and zest
- goats feta, crumbled
- olive oil
- blood orange juice
- black pepper
Rip, tear or slice the kale however you like and add to a bowl. Break up the walnuts and add to the kale. Add in the mandarin pieces, olives and crumble in the goats feta. Make a salad dressing of 3 parts olive oil and 1 part blood orange juice and stir in your black pepper to taste.Â Pour over the salad when ready to eat.
I hope you enjoy this tasty salad!
© Copyright: 2012 Michelle Robson-Garth. Please ask permission first when using any text or images on healthfoodlover.com. See the disclaimer here. Have a look at the recipe index for more health food lovin’ recipes. Join the Facebook page & follow Health Food Lover on twitter.