10 Easy Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Diet (other than salad)!
In no particular order they are:
- Add leafy dark green veggies to a whole meal flat bread wrap with avocado and cooked organic chicken. This is a really tasty and disguised way to eat your greens! (Chopping them finely works too and makes them not as tough to chew, which can be the case with greens such as raw kale).
- Add them to soup (or make them the main part of a soup). See Janella Purcell’s Spinach, Lentils and Lemon Soup.
- Make Spinach Brownies (the spinach is added as a puree).
- Make a Green Smoothie (kale would work best In my opinion as it doesn’t have such a strong flavour). Try my Strawberry and Kale Smoothie!
- Have your greens with poached eggs for breakfast orÂ add them to a omlette!
- Add them to casseroles or stews.
- Pickle them: I really like sauerkraut! It can be added to many things including wraps and soups! (I know not a dark leafy green but still very healthful none-the-less! You could also add thinly sliced kale to your next batch of sauerkraut for extra goodness).
- Have them as chips! A now favourite snack of mine is Kale Chips or Spicy Kale Chips!
- Sautee your greens with garlic and olive oil and serve with beans on whole-grain toast!
- Purée them and add them to pasta sauce or add to a stir-fry!
There you go, those are 10 ways to get more dark leafy greens in your diet (other than just salad)!
Hope you liked them! Do you have any creative ideas to eatÂ more leafy greens? I’d love to hear your suggestions- please write me a comment below!
© Copyright: 2012 Michelle Robson-Garth. Please ask permission first when using any text or images on healthfoodlover.com. See the disclaimer here. Have a look at the recipe index for more health food lovin’ recipes. Join the Facebook page & follow Health Food Lover on twitter.