I’d thought I’d share with you my breakfast this morning. It was a Strawberry Kale Smoothie!
I know ‘kale’ and ‘strawberries’ aren’t two words you would usually think of together in a smoothie…but it isn’t actually too badÂ atÂ all!Â It’s rather tasty and very nutritious! TheÂ red pigments of the strawberry helps to disguise the green colour of the kale, So I can imagine giving this to kids (or anyone who doesn’t like greens) would be much easier than aÂ plain green smoothie.
Strawberry Kale Smoothie
Yield: Makes 4-5 smallÂ cups
You will need:
- 1Â handful (or more) of Kale, uncooked
- 6-10 strawberries
- 1 banana
- Water, to thin out (use less for a thick smoothie, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon of cold-pressed flax seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of lecithin granules
- 1 teaspoon of crushed or whole almonds, for garnish
In a high speed blender, blend all the ingredients together until it forms a smooth pour-able smoothie.
- If it is too much for yourself, keep in a jug in the fridge for later and shake or stir when drinking again.
- If you freeze bananas ahead of time this can give the smoothie a creamier texture.
- If you buy organic strawberries you can blend them with the green tops!Â