Recipe: Dark Chocolate and Banana Lava Cakes (gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free)
Makes: 2 mini chocolate lava cakes.
- 2 dessertspoons cacao powder
- 2 dessertspoons carob powder
- 1 tbsp. boiling water
- 1.5 heaped dessertspoon coconut oil
- stevia powder, to sweeten
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, mashed well
- 2 squares of dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- In a bowl mix the cacao and carob powder.
- Add the coconut oil, boiling water and enough stevia to sweeten to your liking. Stir this mixture to dissolve the coconut oil, stevia, cacao and carob powders.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and mashed banana.
- Spoon this mixture into two small silicon muffin cups. Place one square of dark chocolate in the middle of the mixture in each cup.
- Bake at 150 degrees C for about 12 minutes or until the outer parts of the cake is cooked and the middle part is slightly soft.
- Leave to cool to room temperature.