I just made a batch of Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free Soft Serve Banana & Coconut Ice Cream! Of course I won’t tell you that it tastes exactly like a dairy-based ice cream, but what it does taste like is creamy and delicious! It’s better than you may think! (Give it a try and let me know how it goes!).
By having the bananas really frozen hard it disguises the banana flavour (good if you don’t like bananas) and makes a really creamy frozen dessert (the coconut adds to this as well). This ice cream comes packed full of nutrients such as fibre (a pre-biotic) thanks to the bananas and medium-chain fatty acids courtesy of the coconut milk.
Remember the trick to this ice cream: The longer you freeze it the more like ice cream it becomes! So freeze for as long as possible.
Banana & Coconut Ice Cream (Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free)
- a few ripe bananas, cut up and frozen (around 8-12 hrs)
- coconut milk or coconut cream
- Blend with coconut milk till smooth and thick.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, carob or cacao powder.
- Serve with berries or other fruit.
- Try adding a raw egg yolk when blending to increase protein content.