One way I keep my diet exciting is by including lots ofÂ brightly coloured fruits and veggies in my meals! The more (natural) colour you can get in your diet the more nutritious it is! Mother nature really gave us such a wonderful array of colours in our foods!
How does it taste? It has a quite a mild sweet taste, some say similar to kiwi fruit.
I found thisÂ fabulousÂ pink dragon fruitÂ at my local health food shop and felt so inspired by it that I had to make something with it!
Pink Dragon Fruit & Basil Sorbet
This is really pretty easy to make and tastes great, so enjoy!
- 1/2 pink dragon fruit, peeled
- 1/2 lemons zest
- 2 Tb. lemon juice
- water or milk
- optional: a few drops of stevia
- fresh basil leaves
- Dragon fruit is really easy to prepare, you can basically peel the skin off with your hands or a knife. Discard the skin. Chop the pink dragon fruit.
- In a blender add the chopped dragon fruit, lemon zest, lemon juice and blend till smooth. Add enough milk or water to form a thick paste. Taste the mixture, if it’s not sweet enough for your liking add a few drops of stevia.
- Pour the mixture into a container with a lid and put it in the freezer.
- At half hour intervals, using a fork breakup up the ice crystals as the sorbet freezes (this results in a smoother mouth-feel). Keep doing that until sorbet is frozen.
- Once frozen, scoop out of the container and serve with a few basil leaves for something different!
Â© Copyright: All text and pictures are copyright of Michelle Robson 2011, unless where stated.